Jayna B. Patel, Esq.
Location: Woodland Park, New Jersey
Toll Free: 888-877-7985
Email: E-mail Me
Jayna B. Patel, Esq. joined Del Sardo & Montanari, LLC as an associate in March 2013. Ms. Patel is admitted to practice law in the States of New Jersey, New York and Florida. Ms. Patel graduated from Rutgers University, New Brunswick with a B.S. in Marketing and a B.S. in History. Ms. Patel then earned her Juris Doctor at the University of Miami School of law where she was Vice President of the Family Law Society and a member of the Innocence Clinic. Also, while in school, Ms. Patel interned for a boutique firm that concentrated in International Trade Law and focused her work on trademark and copyright infringement.
As an associate at Del Sardo & Montanari, Ms. Patel focuses her practice on family and matrimonial litigation where she provides supportive and efficient representation.
Ms. Patel sought to expand her practice and thus, recently received her Master of Laws in Technology and Entrepreneurship from Cornell University, Cornell Tech. While at Cornell Tech, Ms. Patel participated in various special studio projects, specifically, she participated as a key member of a multi-disciplinary team working with the NYC Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence. This team developed an untraceable web application to assist domestic violence survivors in accessing city resources while protecting their privacy and safety.
Ms. Patel also co-founded a company that developed a line of smart toys to help children with learning and social disabilities. The company’s pilot program used emotion recognition software to help children with autism recognize and comprehend emotions in others. Ms. Patel is excited to utilize skills she developed at Cornell to help emerging growth businesses.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Corporate Law
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Member Service Agreements
- Intellectual Property Issues
- Legal and Business Advice to Emerging Growth Companies
- New Jersey
- New York
- Cornell Law School, New York, New York
- Master of Laws – Technology and Entrepreneurship
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Juris Doctor (cum laude)
- Rutgers Business School, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Bachelor of Science (cum laude) – Marketing
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Bachelor of Science (cum laude) – History